Fresh vegetablesare combined with feta cheese,plenty of olive oil and a bunch of Mediterranean flavours.It can make for a comlete meal.
• 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into irregular wedges
• 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, then roughly chopped
• ½ a red onion thinly sliced
• 16 Kalamata olives
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 85g feta cheese, cut into chunks (barrel matured feta is the best)
• 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
Place 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into wedges, 1 peeled, deseeded and chopped cucumber, ½ a thinly sliced red onion, 16 Kalamata olives, 1 tsp dried oregano, 85g feta cheese chunks and 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl.
• STEP 2
Lightly season, then serve with crusty bread to mop up all of the juices.
Tzatziki is one of Greece's best known dips.It's acidity and velvety texture owed to world- renowned Greek Yoghurt,along with the crispness of fresh cucumbers,never fail to whet the appetite.
• 2 cups grated cucumber (from about 1 medium 10-ounce cucumber, no need to peel or seed the cucumber first, grate on the large holes of your box grater)
• 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
• 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
• 1/2 clove garlic, pressed or minced
• sea salt and Pepper
2. Add the yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and/or salt, if necessary (I thought this batch was just right as-is).
3. Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later. Leftover tzatziki keeps well, chilled, for about 4 days
Stuffed tomato and peper
The best Authentic Greek stuffed vegetables!
6 bell peppers and 1 small green pepper
6 medium potatoes cut into quarters
1 grated carrot
8 tbsps full of un-cooked short grain rise,
1 large red onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic finely minced
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tbspn of sweet chili (optional)
1 bunch mix with parsley and spearmint (duozmo) finely chopped
1/2 small bunch of dill finely chopped
1tspn of oregano.1/4 of pine nuts
1cup of tomato concasse
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & black pepper to taste
Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Add salt and pepper and fry lightly in a pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in baking tray.
Add the lemon juice and oregano. Mix well and set aside. In a bowl, remove the pepper caps and remove the seeds. With the tip of a knife, pierce some places from the bottom. Then make a hole in the zucchini and take out the inside. Cut these into cubes and set aside. Turn on the stove on medium heat. Put a saucepan on the stove and add half of the olive oil to heat. Add the onion and the grated carrot to sauteed. Add the crushed garlic, a little salt and pepper until the onion softens. Add the rice and saute it for 3-4 minutes. Then add the thinly sliced zucchini “hearts”.
Add a cup of concasse tomato and reduce the heat to low on the stove. Allow the rice to simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Be careful not to let the rice stick to the bottom of the saucepan. Add the spices and pine nuts. Remove the mixture aside to cool lightly. Start filling the peppers and zucchini. Place them as desired by placing the potatoes between them. Add the rest of the olive oil on top, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the stuffed vegetables on top with a little breadcrumbs. Carefully pour about 1 cup of water into a corner of the baking tray. In this way the water will be distributed without rinsing the oil poured on them.
Cover the stuffed peppers and zucchini with baking paper and aluminum foil. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Then reduce the oven heat to 170 -180 degrees Celsius and continue baking for another 1 hour. Then discover the vegetables and check for water. Let them cook on top to get a golden brown color. Turn off the oven and remove the stuffed peppers from the oven. Allow to cool slightly and serve as desired with Greek feta cheese and greeke salad!! The best taste is when we serve them the next day !!
Enjoy!! Thank you!