Fresh vegetablesare combined with feta cheese,plenty of olive oil and a bunch of Mediterranean flavours.It can make for a comlete meal.
• 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into irregular wedges
• 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, then roughly chopped
• ½ a red onion thinly sliced
• 16 Kalamata olives
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 85g feta cheese, cut into chunks (barrel matured feta is the best)
• 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
Place 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into wedges, 1 peeled, deseeded and chopped cucumber, ½ a thinly sliced red onion, 16 Kalamata olives, 1 tsp dried oregano, 85g feta cheese chunks and 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl.
• STEP 2
Lightly season, then serve with crusty bread to mop up all of the juices.
Tzatziki is one of Greece's best known dips.It's acidity and velvety texture owed to world- renowned Greek Yoghurt,along with the crispness of fresh cucumbers,never fail to whet the appetite.
• 2 cups grated cucumber (from about 1 medium 10-ounce cucumber, no need to peel or seed the cucumber first, grate on the large holes of your box grater)
• 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
• 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
• 1/2 clove garlic, pressed or minced
• sea salt and Pepper
2. Add the yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and/or salt, if necessary (I thought this batch was just right as-is).
3. Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later. Leftover tzatziki keeps well, chilled, for about 4 days
Stuffed tomato and peper
The best Authentic Greek stuffed vegetables!
6 bell peppers and 1 small green pepper
6 medium potatoes cut into quarters
1 grated carrot
8 tbsps full of un-cooked short grain rise,
1 large red onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic finely minced
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tbspn of sweet chili (optional)
1 bunch mix with parsley and spearmint (duozmo) finely chopped
1/2 small bunch of dill finely chopped
1tspn of oregano.1/4 of pine nuts
1cup of tomato concasse
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & black pepper to taste
Enjoy!! Thank you!